Saturday 1 August 2009

Elephants and Goodbye Thailand...

Hey all,

So just finished my two weeks of elephant volunteering, and it was amazing!!

I was based in the north of Thailand in a small province called Phitsanaluk, on arriving at the camp i discovered that we were staying in mud huts for two weeks- and in those mud huts lived an array of creepy crawlies... from Scorpions, Cockaroaches, Beetles( and then all the mentioned AGAIN but with wings), Geckos, Giant blood sucking mozzies- you name it, it was there. So had to face another fear of mine there.

For two weeks we washed, fed and rode the elephants every day- which was an amazing experience. I did have a near death experience whilst riding the elephant- which involved a Deer and a stampede of scared elephants and me jumping off... but when I see you all i will tell you- i wouldnt be able to put into words how frikkin scary it really was!!

The group that i was with were amazing, and yet again i said goodbye to all of them today and yesterday.. Not good times!

I am now in Bangkok AGAIN.. I really should call this place my second home- where i am spending the day before i jet off to Indonesia for a month... downside to that is that my flight is at some ungodly hour with two stopovers and three planes... not good times... Cue bad mood tomorrow.

Well that's your lots for now, will keep you posted as to what is happening in Indonesia..

Love you all miss you all.

Niketa xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment