Thursday 16 July 2009

End of the Orphanage and onto Elephants....

Hey Everyone,

So completed my time at the orphanage project, and feel quite happy that I have contributed in some way to making the kids life a little bit better...

For majority of the week I have( Wait for it).....

Been Bricklaying for the week, and building a wall for a new library that is to be built, sounds rubbish but I was proud of my wall at the end, and was even known as the bricklaying master, maybe thats my new career path when I get back home!

I am now in Krabi on Ao Nang beach where today I did the Koh Phi Phi island tour, as it's monsoon season over here at the moment the speedboat ride was TERRIBLE! The thought that I might die did cross my mind a few times whilst we were rocketing over the huge swells. Thankfully i am alive to re-live the tales. Phi Phi island is lovely- although too touristy now, which ruins the whole ambience of the place, amazing cliffs and clear waters made up for that though. Doing Krabi alone so kinda missing having my buddies with me! I MISS YOU ALL!

I head back to Bangkok on Saturday for the night, and then onto Phitunsluk- Wang Thong to be a Mahout for two weeks which should be lots of fun, I only hope that they treat the elephants with care and not handle them violently, as I went to see a elephant show in Ayutta(not sure if u spell it like that) and I was brought to tears by how they were treating the elephants, making them dance and kneel to attention- one can only think how they train them in order to make them do these tricks.

Kinda looking forward to August now, as this is when I move over to my new destination Indonesia- Yay! Can't wait, Although I love Thailand, I think a change of scenery is now needed.
But i do want to come back to Thailand and do the island tour more- so if you wanna come then let me know!

Ok well will stop yapping on now, hope everyone is ok- sorry I am sooooo P00 at keeping in touch.

Much Love

Niketa xxxx

1 comment:

  1. hi, i'd love to ask you specific questions as i am planning a service trip to thailand. please email me if you have time so i could pick your brain for some info! emilyphillips@soul-continuum.com thanks, emily

    ReplyDelete