Monday 7 December 2009

What's a girl got to do....

Hey All,

So here I am sitting in the internet cafe again, seems my whole life is revolving around a PC, but of course it's all productive, job hunting!

Well to be honest there is no news on the job front yet, it's all a little slow, slower than what I expected I suppose, I had notions of been able to just roll up here and get a job, sadly that's not the case. I have been for demo lessons and interviews. At first the thought of demo lessons sent a shiver down my spine, my negative thinking kinda got in the way a little... the questions- Am I good enough? Do I know what the hell I am doing? crossed my mind the first time I did a demo lesson, but it all went ok in the end, although I didn't get the job- due to been pipped to the post by a more experienced person. That's the thing.... I am new at this, and there are so many teachers around that have experience in this job, so why would somebody pick me?!.... I know why they should pick me.... I am passionate, a quick learner, I LOVE children and have so much experience in training people( my old job)... But how do I tell them to pick me!

Another stumbling block for me, is the fact that I don't have a degree, some companies wont even look at me, due to the fact that I don't have a degree, I don't get it though, I can have a degree in anything for example- Science and then they would look for favorably at me- Damn my non educational background!

I do however tomorrow have a 3 day demo lesson in Jogja, which is a cool city in central Java, really busy and full of hustle and bustle, I had the interview last week, it's a really cool office, cool people who work there and seems to have a great feel about it, so fingers crossed for that one.

The upside is that I am getting to see so much of my boyfriend, as we are living together. It's so nice... Arrrrggghhh I am getting all lovey and dovey! Ha ha.

Hmmm well ok, that's all folk, keep on stalking me..

Love and Hugs,

Niketa

1 comment:

  1. Kieran Bagodonuts7 December 2009 at 02:56

    Hey, don't worry about it. Hollie found it slower than expected. People tell you you can just rock up and get a job but it's not true, it takes time! Just enjoy your time off while you can.

    ReplyDelete