Thursday 18 March 2010

Loneliness Strikes

I feel this may be a little bit of a sad post, as well at this moment I feel a bit down, yesterday I felt great but today I feel like Poo poo.

The feeling of being alone strikes me now and again, and today it's hit me how alone I truly am.
This is going to sound all depressed and dreary but Maaf( sorry).

So I haven't got many friends over here, which saddens me a little. I just don't know how to make friends here, I struggled to make new friends in England when i could speak the language and here I am in Indonesia not able to really articulate what I want to say into anything but mumble jumble.
I know that I have a problem with the way I act with new people, people will mistake it for snobbery or arrogant but it's not I am a really shy person when I meet new people, I worry that I am not interesting or clever enough to be talking to people- those are the thoughts in my head when I meet new people. It takes me a while to be myself with new people, I wish I was the type of person who could just talk to anybody... But I can't... I don't know how to.

I am of course taking steps to try and make friends, in two weeks i am due to start Indonesian lessons, and I am going to Yoga, I really want to join a sports club or team, but not many Indonesian women play sports here, only men which is not cool as they are stare at me!
So if anyone has any ideas on how i can interact more with people then lemme me know!

Hmmm, well gotta go, I had to talk to someone, so I chose all of you!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. hi Niketa,

    Thanks to google I landed on to ur blog so u don't know me :).
    I haven't read your whole blog, so I really don't know what you are doing in Indonesia, but I will try to give my two cents here.

    I believe the feeling of loneliness is not so uncommon. You are not alone, trust me :).
    I believe there are a few things that sometimes help. Reach out to people you love. I mean give them a call or something, your family, or your friends, basically someone who understands you. Who might not be able to alleviate your loneliness but just listens to you and can talk about some good n interesting stuff that makes you smile :). Or stay busy. This sounds a crazy way. But that ways you are too busy to get this sinking feeling in ur heart. And join a club or something where you can interact with new people. Don't know if this is possible coz it depends a lot on ur time schedule. But if you can then I would say go for it. And yea... if you have some time then do things you love... !! I don't know but hope this is of some help. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow thanks so much for that comment that is so amazing to have someone help me!!

    well I have just joined a jewellery making course over here, and starting lessons to learn the lingo soon...

    I really appreciate your comment, it actually made me cry a little... Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss niketa! cheer up!
    we're all your friends at class, and don't be sad!
    we can hang out sometimes. i'd love to! :D
    i never think you as an arrogant person. me too, a shy person. but hey i'm sure we can hang out sometimes on the holiday, if you feel lonely.


    cheer up! loves, yesica your student :D

    ReplyDelete