Sunday 28 June 2009

The Hardest week of My Life

Hey Hey everyone,

I am alive still.... after what can only be described as the hardest week of my life... Trekking!!

If I wrote all the things that I did last week I would be here for hours, and you guys would fall asleep of boredom, but to some up...

Arrived at Phutonei National Park and did the following-

1. Climbed the Highest point in Thailand.. took a long time and with the steepness and humidity was a personal challenge.
2. Climbed a massive waterfall- slippery rocks and no safety harnesses made that soooooo Hard.
3. Climbed and crawled in three caves- each one offering a new challenge- Bats, Spiders and small crevices etc.
4. Sleeping in a tent for 4 Nights- no sleep.... I hate tents!
5. Cold bucket showers- Man they suck! Literally had to throw ice cold water over myself to stay clean- not nice.
6. Living with various creepy crawlies, some as big as my hand- yak!
7. Living with no electricity at all, no phone, no Luxuries.
Sounds like hell, but it was amazing, I feel so great that I have faced so many of my fears doing this week, for those of you who know me you know I hate spiders and heights, but I have managed to overcome them now. When i finished my trek up Wada mountain I was so overwhelmed with emotions I had a little cry... I couldnt believe I did it!
In Koh samet at the moment, where I shall be doing Para-Gliding- another challenge! After this week I shall be starting my month long volunteer work- starting with the Orphanage which I can't wait to do, and then onto the elephant Santuary.
This week I a hard week as I have to say goodbye to all my buddies that I have been with for the past month- bonds are made so quickly over here so should be an emotional day on Saturday- Boo Hoo.

Ok well, keep reading. Miss u all.

No comments:

Post a Comment